Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Ice Cream Escapades
Huntsvegas is definitely not the most exciting place in the world even when school is in session. But when it’s spring break and this place looks like a ghost town, you have to find ways to entertain yourself. I was in the ville because students and faculty get spring break off, ya notice what word is missing though? Staff, that’s right, staff – which includes one of my roommates and myself.

Monday night however we didn’t have to entertain ourselves. We decided to make a late night trip to the HEB down the road for some necessary contact solution and while we were there we thought we’d indulge a little and get some ice cream. Now I’m not picky about my flavors (technically I shouldn’t eat ice cream in the first place because it makes me violently ill) but my roommate HAS to have her rocky road. So we made our way to the freezer section and apparently HEB isn’t partial to Blue Bell Rocky Road. (The name probably should have been foreshadowing our journey ahead) Begrudgingly we went on our way and decided to look somewhere else.

First we thought convenient store but if you’ve ever been in this one-horse town there aren’t too many that are safe or would probably have what we were looking for. Our next stop was Walgreen’s (we were avoiding wal-mart at all causes). No luck at Walgreen’s either. Next was CVS across the road. After searching and rummaging through freezer racks my roommate found her desired flavor. The infamous rocky road. Finally! And I settled on some Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche.




And yes, so far, this has been the highlight of our spring break. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment