Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hannah-isms.

Ohhhhh Hannah! My best friend for about 11 years now and my roommate. I cannot even begin to tell you about this girl. We complete each other's sentences, read each other's mind, and finish each other's thoughts. It's ridiculously scary.

It is also scary how our brains work together to make it through the day. She is constantly asking me how to spell words and other questions about homework. I on the other hand text her the other day to ask if I could run the washing machine and the dishwasher at the same time - how was I supposed to know? I thought the water heater might have a panic attack. She just laughed.

Well on occasion this girl comes up with some seriously funny material. Today she was talking about a certain boy that she has had her eye on. And she referred to him as "dreamy" which made me picture us back in the 40's on our way home from a swing dance. I thought it was cute.

She has also been working on some of her education classes recently. A few days ago her mind was a little foggy while working on a project for her reading class. She had to come up with a subject then think of examples for every letter in the alphabet that begin with that letter and examples of short and long vowel sounds. She picked food. So Hannah is doing a good job until she gets to "Q" and let me tell you home girl was LOST. She could not think of anything that was even remotely close - upon further examination the only thing I can come up with is quiche and what 1st grader is going to know that? But then the light bulb went off for Hannah and she was "QUCUMBER!!!" which . . . as we all know . . . starts with a C. And she was dead serious. Then she walked herself through it and realized that cucumber does not start with a Q but rather a C. And then we laughed for hours.

This is just a day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment