Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Old Friends . .

This past month has been one filled with some sadness. I have had to say goodbye to two goodfriends. Ms. Wonderbra & Mr. Walmart Flip-flop. Both of these have given me years of "support" in many ways and saying goodbye was hard.

My flip-flops have been with me since the ski trip of 2007. We took this trip with my brother and his youth group. Little Miss Ava James had just been born in January so it was exciting and exhausting for the whole gruop. It was also March when we traveled to Colorado and apparently a heat wave had decided to hit. It was 70 degrees so skiing conditions were anything but ideal. Plus the ski boots killed my toes that I had just had surgery on. So my dad took me to walmart and I bought a black pair of $5 flip-flops. These have easily been the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned in my entire life. Well the other day we were having some lovely weather in hville - rainy AND cold. Granted I like each one of these individually but put them together and just leave me indoors. BUT my roommates and I needed to go pay bills. So we are sprinting to my car when my roommate stepped on the back of my flip-flop and before I can inform her of this I hear the flip-flop snap. Here is what's left . . .


Sad Day! They will be missed dearly but were looking very sad anyway. As if they were really good looking in the first place.

One Sunday I was home napping on the couch before I had to head back to huntsvegas when I suddenly rolled over and heard a snap. I was so out of it that I blew it off. Later that night while I was undressing I realized what had happened. The underwire in my bra had snapped . . in two places. I was so disappointed. After all, she had been with me since 8th grade. This is probably a sign that I need to bra shop more often but they are so expensive! So after saying I few words I retired the wonderbra. It was tough but something that was necessary for both of us. I spared you pictoral evidence.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment