Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reading List

As I am sitting here on Thanksgiving break, getting frustrated with homework assignments, I thought I would make a list of the recreational reading I am looking forward to. Which probably won't even get a second glance until May of 2011 when I graduate but a girl can dream!

To Be Read . . .
Crazy Love by Francis Chan - I actually have this book but haven't gotten past the 1st amazing chapter due to my schedule.
Sex God by Rob Bell - yes, I am just that scandelous that I would want to read someone who has been blacklisted by . . . well whatever ignorant Christians it was, they were probably Baptist!
A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway - I've always been a huge Hemingway fan and haven't had time for this classic yet!

To Be Re-Read . . .
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - it was good the first time but I don't think I really understood the significance of it then . . .
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera - Another book that probably did not have quite the impact it should have because I was still young and not quite as impressionable.

There's a ton more but those are the ones that are currently on my mind. I'm giving up on the homework game! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. farewell to arms! excellent... i need to read it again to brush up on it though. then we can chat about it :)
    and crazy love....best book ever as far as i'm concerned and i still haven't even finished

    ReplyDelete